- « Services
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
Download New Patient Form
- Dental Sealants for Adults and Kids
What is a dental sealant?
A dental sealant is a coating of thin resin that is applied directly on the chewing surfaces of healthy, cavity-free back teeth, where decay occurs...
Implant Supported Dentures
Dental Implants serve as an artificial root for the placement of prosthetic or artificial teeth. An opening is created into the jaw bone and the artificial root or implant is placed into the opening and protectively covered. The healing process begins as the implant becomes fused with the bone. After the healing process is complete, an attachment is placed into the implant, on which the dentures or other restoration will be placed. Dental implants create a much more secure foundation, able to withstand chewing forces and hold your restoration or denture firmly in place. In fact, recent estimates indicate that implant supported dentures will restore nearly 95% of your chewing ability!
Benefits of implant-supported bridges and overdentures
- Help to preserve the bone
- Restore lost lip support - can minimize the formation of wrinkles
- Maintain the integrity of the facial structure
- Increase stability
- Eliminate the need for adhesives
- Reduce the chance of pain from ill-fitting dentures
- Restore natural chewing capacity
- May improve speech
- May allow for an open palate for improved ability to taste food
- Existing dentures may be retrofitted for use with dental implants